A little of this, a little of that... But always a bargain!

CONFESSIONS OF A BARGAIN JUNKIE
Thanks for stopping at my blog! I hope you find something interesting, something fun, but most of all, I hope you find a bargain!
I love saving money & I love DIY, so get ready to make some inexpensive goods :)

Monday, April 30, 2012

Upcycled Recycled Projects (pt. 2/Crayons)

 Do your kids break crayons like crazy? Don't toss them; Upcycle them!!
Items needed:
Broken crayons (paper removed)
Mold, cupcake pan, silicone muffin pan, etc.
Wax paper to line pan if not using silicone pan
Oven

Before: (below)
I broke crayons into small enough pieces to fill up the little 'Ginger Bread Boy' silicone pan I had lying around. I picked it up at a garage sale years ago and never used it before now!
Preheated oven to 250 degrees. Set silicone pan on cookie sheet for stability.
Checked on the boys every 5-10 minutes, took about 25 total to completely melt. 
Then this is what I noticed...

They were half full :(
So, I filled 'em up again!

 Much better!
Aren't they the cutest!!
I am going to give them to my preschool kids with little notes that say,
"For our favorite little people"
Awe :)

See my upcycled candle project here.

No comments:

Post a Comment